Make this fun Easter project with your kids, and hang the colorful bunnies on Command™ Party Banner Anchors for damage-free hanging and removal.
– Command™ Party Banner Anchors
– 1 piece of cardstock
– 5 colors of felt, 1 piece per bunny
– White pom poms
– White crochet thread
– Hot glue and hot glue gun
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. Cut out an 8 inch tall bunny shape on a sheet of cardstock.
Cut yarn into 6 foot pieces. This will reduce the amount of knots that will form and make the yarn easier to work with. You will need approximately 6 – six foot pieces of yarn for each egg.
2. Lay the two bunnies of the same color on top of each other and sew around the edge with crochet thread. Make large stitches on the front and smaller on the back to create a cute pattern around the edge.
3. Start sewing on one side of the bunny. As you finish a section, stuff it before continuing the stitches. It is much easier to place the stuffing in the ears and feet when there is a large opening than if you wait to stuff it when it is almost completely sewn.
4. Use hot glue to attach the tails.
NOTE: Be sure to follow all manufacturer instructions and safety guidelines.
5. If desired, you can make a few front facing bunnies to mix in. To do this, sew the large stitches on the back of one ear, then bend that ear forward and hot glue in place. Don’t add tails to these bunnies.
Use the needle and crochet hook to thread the crochet thread through the back of each bunny until all bunnies are strung together on the garland.