Jamin/Ashley, The Handmade Home
Get crafty this Christmas and create some rustic holiday décor to hang up in an outdoor hideaway space for your kids! All you need are a few simple items to construct the decorations and a few Command™ Outdoor Large Forever Classic Metal Hooks to hang them up with!
– Command™ Outdoor Large Forever Classic Metal Hooks – this project uses four hooks
– Scrap wood or Micro-Density Fiberboard (MDF) for Wreath – Size: 1-by-6 inches, Quantity: 24 pieces
– Scrap wood or Micro-Density Fiberboard (MDF) for Stars – Size: 10-by-12 inches, Quantity: 5 pieces per star – this project creates three stars
– Spray Paint in any color – this project uses white
– Wood glue
– String or Twine
NOTE: Follow all Command™ Brand package instructions for proper surface cleaning and prep, adhesive strip placement and recommended weight claims.
1. For creating the Wreath, gather a few feet worth of scrap wood or MDF. Cut 24 pieces of wood or MDF to 1-by-6 inches. Then spray paint each wood piece and let dry.
2. Lay out the pieces and plan how you want to arrange the wreath. We staggered the pieces on top of each other and created three layers. To secure the pieces in place, use wood glue to bond the pieces together. Be sure to do this one layer at a time, and then adhere the three layers to each other.
3. Creating the Stars, gather a few feet worth of scrap wood or MDF, about ½ thick. Cut 5 pieces of wood or MDF per star to 10-by-12 inches. We used 15 pieces of wood to create three stars. Then spray paint each wood piece and let dry.
4. Lay out the pieces in the shape of a 5-point star. Once you are happy with the shape, use wood glue to adhere the pieces together.
5. To hang the wreath and stars, tie string or twine around the top of the wreath and stars. Determine where you would like to hang your decorations. Clean the surface with isopropyl rubbing alcohol. Wipe gently and let dry.
6. To attach the Command™ Brand Large Outdoor Forever Classic Metal Hook, remove the blue liner and press the adhesive to the mounting base of the hook. Remove the black “wall side” liner and press the hook to the surface for 10 seconds. For maximum holding strength, slide the hook up off the base and press firmly against the base for 30 seconds.
7. Slide the hook back onto its base and wait one hour before use. Then, hang your wreath from the string on the hook.
Repeat steps 5-7 to hang each star.